Videotel provides a comprehensive training solutions package for seafarers and shipping companies using the very best and most accessible learning programmes and management systems.
All our training material is developed in conjunction with experts making the learning process as relevant and effective as possible.
We include informative video, dynamic animated content and a substantial range of test assessment questions to really inspire seafarers to learn and retain knowledge. Our training is not easy – it’s not just a ‘tickbox’ exercise – we are focused on delivering improvement, by identifying weaknesses and developing talent in your organisation.
We also supply a complete suite of training management software to assist the scheduling and record keeping of crew training events, which helps you to meet compliance targets and deliver continuous professional development programmes (CPD) in the maritime industry.
Our suite of e-Learning materials are provided as training libraries onboard ship and online.
Offline options can also be provided where connectivity is not possible. Contact us for more information.
Training Available on Demand
Our solutions are available onboard and online. Results are collected locally and stored centrally in the cloud making the training experience seamless and giving you a single point of consolidated data for record keeping and training management.
Videotel’s offer a user-friendly training delivery and management system which can operate as a media player for group training sessions and as a dedicated terminal for independent study.
Now part of the Ocean Technologies Group, we are able to offer more content and features than ever before and deliver them to your crew on demand wherever they are onboard, online or on the move.
A number of tier subscriptions are available at different levels to best meet your training needs:
We help you to:
- Meet and Exceed Compliance Targets
- Get on top of your personnel challenges
- Prove your excellence
- Save Money on travel and hotel costs
Key Benefits of Videotel Solutions
- Titles specifically selected to meet your training needs
- Records all training activity for record keeping purposes
- Enables crew training to meet legislative requirements and enhance personal professional development
- Engaging, rewarding and easy to use
- Demonstrates to Port State Control and other shore based authorities a committed training structure
- An Instantly available comprehensive library to use on board for urgent training at the point of need
- Additional titles added each year as part of our comprehensive service
- Add your own company specific material to your library and see when it has been performed
Videotel believes in a combined, blended learning approach to crew training. Our titles cover a wide range of STCW-related subjects across all deck and engine disciplines.
Videotel’s on-demand training system provides you with a comprehensive, easy-to-use training solution that both delivers and records training events performed.
Videotel training for crew is delivered in various ways:
- Video – providing a mixture of documentary and drama, live action and animation
- Booklets – expanding on each subject, providing specific detail of maritime legislation
Interactive computer-based training (CBT) – offering further reference materials and interactive tests
- Training courses – delivering tutor-assisted programmes through distance learning courses
- Gamified learning – using computer games techniques and technology to explore serious concepts and effect real world positive outcomes.
Multi-device Maritime eLearning Programmes
Videotel e-learning allows users to view its comprehensive range of maritime training programmes on a wide variety of devices including tablets and even mobile phones.
Our learning application harnesses HTML5 responsive design capabilities meaning it rescales dynamically to any screen size or aspect ratio enabling the learning content to display clearly in landscape or portrait, essential for those who want to study on mobile devices.
Features of Videotel's mobile technology include:
- touch navigation
- a multi-language capability allowing users to easily switch between languages
- an ECDIS-inspired ‘night mode’ that allows the user to select a darker theme that is easier on the eyes in low light conditions
- bookmarking facility so a session can be paused and returned to at the exact same position when required
- inbuilt components designed to make learning more fun, all without the need for additional plug-ins, such as Adobe Flash Player.