This is an exciting opportunity to work in our experienced and busy Development team providing technical and project support using Agile/SCRUM.
- Supporting the development teams(UK & Balkans) in maintaining the SCRUM process.
- Creating, maintaining and supporting the narrative end-to-end product journey from a technical perspective and supporting the development teams in ensuring key deliverables are achieved
- Work closely with key stakeholders, understanding their requirements and how these fit into the current priorities of the development teams.
- Augment the development team capacity during periods of heavy workload by working directly on backlog items.
- Organising, managing and where necessary, leading SCRUM ceremonies such as the daily SCRUM, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and Backlog Refinement
- Ensuring processes are being implemented and followed as per published guidelines and helping to unblock any obstacle that that the team face
- Providing additional development resource where necessary and appropriate (front end UI)
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience;
- 2 Years previous experience working within a support or technical organisation.
- Experience supporting IT systems
- Good technical degree
- Linux System Administration/Troubleshooting (CentOS/Debian)
- Application Server Administration/Troubleshooting (Tomcat/JBoss)
- Shell scripting (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues/escalations
- Good communications skills
The following would be desirable;
- Previous experience with ticketing systems (Jira)
- Passion for open source technologies
- Programming knowledge (java) desirable but not essential.
What We Offer
initially 20 days increasing with service (one day a year up to max 25 days) plus bank holidays
up to 5% Employers contribution (matched)
Employer Funded Healthcare Cash Plan
Life Assuramce 1x salary
Annual season ticket loan
Excellent Employee Assistance Programme