This Terms and Conditions was last updated on 9th December 2019.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files collected and stored by your browser as you browse the internet. These may be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across our websites. Cookies also allow us to remember details about your visits to our websites, such as your Account ID, and account preferences to manage your screen interface effectively.
What Type of Cookies Are Used?
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, for instance: when you log into VMIL.
We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, such as when you request that we keep you signed in.
VMIL uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behaviour of the Services (for example: your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorised use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (such as: the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work as designed. If disabled, some functionality or options may become unavailable or inoperative.
Some third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
What Is the Purpose of The Cookies Used?
|Authentication and Security||
|Analytics and Research||
To learn more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
What Are My Privacy Options for Cookies?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customise, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
- For further information on how cookies are used and managed for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, please visit the Your Online Choices Site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customise Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Information